9.17.2012

I'm Still Here!

Well, hello there. Yes, I'm still here; I'm alive and kickin' and still taking the Ateneo by storm.

I know I haven't written anything in here for probably more than a month now, but that's only because I've been pretty swamped with schoolwork and life. Between oral presentations, papers, meetings, and a semi-barely-there social life, I haven't really been able to find the time to just sit down...start writing...and let my thoughts flow. Today's no exception, actually, and I'm supposed to be writing an extra credit paper for Environmental Science, but I have a six-hour break anyway, so I'm taking my time. :)

I also went under the radar because I kind of had some unwanted visitors... :( I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate my page being viewed and read by completely unknown people because that was my goal in the first place - to be able to identify with others through my blog posts - but just please not in a predatory way. I have big personal issues with that, unfortunately. So now my blog is exclusively for other bloggers to read, but that pretty much equates to all of my two loyal followers and myself...so this is just like me talking to myself through writing. I'm so weird sometimes HAHA.

For a moment I thought about giving up this blog altogether and deleting everything in it because I felt that my privacy and security was invaded/violated. But hey, I'm still here, and I have my English 12 project to thank for that. For my final paper, I am to write 11-12 pages of creative nonfiction...on what? Well, myself.

Yes, MYSELF. I am talking autobiographical-hello-world-this-is-my-life text here.
And I have no idea what to write in it; I don't know where to start, which parts of my life to focus on... I don't even think my life is worth writing (much less reading!) about as of now.

But my professor requires us to undertake such tedious processes of self-awareness and self-celebration, so I don't really have a choice. He says we should take a tickler with us everywhere so that in the event we recall something relevant and noteworthy about our life, we will be able to write it down. He says we can and should be as creative as we can in portraying our lives. He says there is something really significant and notable and poignant in each of our young lives. You know what I think? I think we should just be able to participate - to actively live out our lives and be part of the goings-on and not just a bystander watching what everyone else is doing and enjoying. (Yes, if you were wondering, I'm currently reading and loving Perks of Being A Wallflower.) I think that simply being able to do so is enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment