6.15.2012

"Who's your block crush?"

I'm just gonna put it out there and say that I really hate despise this question.

Ever since I started college, and  started hanging out with my block, this seems to be the never-gets-old conversation starter. I mean, I don't get it. It seems so imposing and pushy to force someone to answer the question and choose a blockmate he or she's "crushing" on for the sake of small talk. I mean, really? Has conversation been so scarce and difficult that this kind of thing is necessary?

I'm not anti-social or anything of the sort, quite the opposite actually, but it just unnerves me that this has to be asked over and over and over again. Isn't it suffice to say once that you don't take a particular liking to anyone in your block? It gets tiring...and....weird to have someone ask you if you like this and that person. One by one.

Okay, hahaha. I feel better now that I've let this one out. I guess I'll get used to it sooner or later, but if I hear this question in the next few days, I will...bite someone's head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment